AU Bank Xcite credit card is the base variant of the new LTF range of Xcite credit cards from AU Bank. We can apply for this card on C2C basis with any existing credit card. It is an entry-level credit card with an accelerated reward rate on dining, movies, grocery, and departmental store spending. AU Xcite credit also offers other benefits like complimentary railway lounge access and fuel surcharge waiver among others. Here is a review of the AU Bank Xcite credit card with details of its rewards & benefits.
Fees and Charges
How to apply for the AU Bank Xcite credit card?
We can apply for credit cards based on either salary or an existing credit card. The latter process is called C2C or card-to-card. While many issuers have an offline process for C2C applications, AU Bank has taken this process online.
AU Bank SwipeUp is a new platform that offers an online C2C process. Through this, we can “upgrade” to a new range of LTF Xcite credit cards from AU Bank. We have three Xcite credit card variants. So, it is as simple as logging in and providing the existing credit card bin number to show which new AU credit card you can get.
|Dining, Movies, Grocery, Departmental Stores
|15 RP/Rs 100
|Online and Offline Spends
|3 RP/Rs 100
|Utility, Insurance, Education and Govt. Payments
|1 RP/Rs 100
We also get 2X reward points on retail spending from the 1st to the 5th of every calendar month. This makes it 6 RP/Rs 100 on online/offline spending with a reward rate of 1.2%. 2X RP is not applicable on rent, wallet, and fuel spending.
The rewards are decent enough for an LTF entry-level credit card. As it is LTF, you can choose to use the Xcite credit card only for grocery and departmental store spending to get a 3% return on those spends.
The reward points can be redeemed on the AU Rewardz portal. Each RP is worth 20 paise.
- Vouchers: Many options including Amazon Pay gift vouchers
- Merchandise: Not recommended as we get a better value in other options
- Mobile/DTH Recharge
- Flight/Hotel/Bus booking
- Airmiles: Only Vistara at 4 RP = 1 Airmiles ratio
Considering the different reward options, the best way to use AU Bank Xcite credit card reward points is to redeem them against Amazon Pay gift vouchers. Amazon Pay GVs can be used for any kind of transaction on Amazon including bill payments.
Complimentary Railway Lounge Access
- Railway Lounges in India: 2 complimentary visits/quarter to railway lounges. The access is enabled by Dreamfolks. We can access this list of railway lounges by using our Xcite credit card.
The complimentary lounge visits are also applicable to add-on credit card holders. 🙂
Other Key Benefits and Charges
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% fuel surcharge waiver for fuel transactions between Rs 400 and Rs 5000. Maximum waiver of Rs 150 per statement cycle.
- Forex Markup Charges: 3.49%+GST ~4.12%
- Finance Charges: 3.59% per month or 43.08% annually
- Device Protection Plan: Get 1-year complimentary screen damage protection for mobiles/tablets and a 1-year extended warranty for mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and other white goods. This is available for any eligible purchase made using the Xcite Ace credit card. Check this link for the T&C.
- Silver Spoon Premium Dining Program: Get up to 30% discount on 300+ eligible restaurants
The Xcite is an entry-level credit card with decent rewards on select categories. It offers a reward rate between 1.5% to 3.75% on most retail spends if we can spend between the 1st and 5th of a calendar month. This is pretty good for a card of this segment.
Moving on from the rewards, the AU Bank Xcite credit card also offers a few good benefits. The complimentary railway lounge access and the extended warranty for appliance purchases can be handy.
Frequently Asked Questions
AU Bank Xcite Credit Card