AU Bank Xcite Ultra credit card is the top variant of the new LTF range of Xcite credit cards from AU Bank. We can apply for this card on C2C basis with any existing credit card. As the name suggests, it provides the best rewards and benefits of all Xcite credit cards. Here is a review of the AU Bank Xcite Ultra credit card with details of its rewards & benefits.
Fees and Charges
The Xcite Ultra is a LTF credit card like other Xcite variants. So, no welcome benefit is available here. You get the cashback and benefits and that’s it.
How to Apply for the AU Bank Xcite Ultra credit card?
We can apply for credit cards based on either salary or an existing credit card. The latter process is called C2C or card-to-card. While many issuers have an offline process for C2C applications, AU Bank has taken this process online.
AU Bank SwipeUp is a new platform that offers an online C2C process. Through this, we can “upgrade” to a new range of LTF Xcite credit cards from AU Bank. We have three Xcite credit card variants – Xcite, Xcite Ace, and Xcite Ultra. So, it is as simple as logging in and providing the existing credit card bin number to show which new AU credit card you can get.
|Offline Spends||4RP/Rs 100||1%|
|Online Spends||8 RP/Rs 100||2%|
|International Spends||12 RP/Rs 100||3%|
|Utility, Insurance, Rent, Education, Govt. Services||1 RP/Rs 100||0.25%|
The rewards looks pretty good for spends except in the categories where we get just 0.25% return. There is no cap on the maximum reward points that can be earned.
We also get an extra 500 RP on retail spends on Rs 5000 done between 1st to 5th of a calendar month. This is a bonus 2.5% return on spends. All spends excluding rent, wallet and fuel are eligible for this.
- 5000 RP on minimum retail spends of INR 2.5 Lacs in a card anniversary year
- This adds another 0.5% to the return
The reward points can be redeemed on the AU Rewardz portal. Each RP is worth 25 paise.
- Vouchers: Many options including Amazon Pay gift vouchers
- Merchandise: Not recommended as we get a better value in other options
- Mobile/DTH Recharge
- Flight/Hotel/Bus booking
- Airmiles: Only Vistara at 4 RP = 1 Airmiles ratio
Considering the different reward options, the best way to use AU Bank Xcite credit card reward points is to redeem them against Amazon Pay gift vouchers. Amazon Pay GVs can be used for any kind of transaction on Amazon including bill payments.
Complimentary Airport Lounge Access
- Airport Lounges in India: 2 complimentary visits per calendar quarter to airport lounges in India. The access is enabled by Dreamfolks/Visa. We can access airport lounges supported by both Dreamfolks and Visa.
- Airport Lounges outside India: No complimentary visits
Complimentary Railway Lounge Access
- Railway Lounges in India: 2 complimentary visits per calendar quarter to railway lounges. The access is enabled by Dreamfolks. We can access this list of railway lounges by using our Xcite Ultra credit card.
The complimentary railway lounge access is also available for add-on cardholders within the same limits.
Other Key Benefits and Charges
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% fuel surcharge waiver for fuel transactions between Rs 400 and Rs 5000. Maximum waiver of Rs 200 per statement cycle.
- Forex Markup Charges: 3.49%+GST ~4.12%
- Finance Charges: 3.59% per month or 43.08% annually
- Device Protection Plan: Get 1-year complimentary screen damage protection for mobiles/tablets and a 1-year extended warranty for mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and other white goods. This is available for any eligible purchase made using the Xcite Ultra credit card. Check this link for the T&C.
- Silver Spoon Premium Dining Program: Get up to 30% discount on 300+ eligible restaurants
The Xcite Ultra is the best of the three Xcite credit cards. We can get 2.5% uncapped rewards on online spends with the milestone benefit. We can also plan some spends (incl. utility and government payments) between the 1st to 5th of a month to get extra 2.5% return on those spends.
Moving on from the cashback, the AU Bank Xcite Ultra credit card also offers a few good benefits. The complimentary domestic airport and railway lounge access will be useful as we get 2 complimentary visits per quarter for both railway and airport lounges. The extended warranty for mobiles and appliance purchases can also be handy if you end up using the Xcite Ultra during any e-commerce sales.
Frequently Asked Questions
AU Bank Xcite Ultra Credit Card