Axis Bank has been launching some good credit cards in the premium/lifestyle segment. Though the reward rate is a bit low compared to other cards in the same segment, it offers some good benefits that make up for it. Here is a review of the revamped Axis Bank Select credit card and its rewards/benefits.
Fees & Charges
Axis Bank SELECT credit card is launched on the Visa Signature platform. It is free for Burgundy banking accounts.
|Joining Fee||Rs 3000+GST (FREE for Burgundy)|
|Welcome Benefit||Rs 2000 Amazon Gift Voucher|
– On making the first transaction within 90 days
|Annual Fee||Rs 3000+GST (FREE for Burgundy)|
|Annual Fee Waiver||Rs 6 Lakhs Spend|
- 10 Axis EDGE reward points per Rs 200
- 2X Axis EDGE reward points for Retail Shopping
- The value of 1 EDGE reward point is around 20 paise
- Milestone Benefit: 5000 EDGE reward points on Rs 3 Lakhs spend
Effective 15th November 2022, Axis Bank SELECT credit card will not earn any EDGE Rewards for the below categories:
- Educational Services
- Government Institutions
Though the reward rate seems low for a card of this segment, we get some good offers every month.
- BigBasket: 20% off up to Rs 500 per month. Minimum purchase of Rs 2000.
- Swiggy: 40% off up to Rs 200 twice a month. Minimum purchase of Rs 400.
- BookMyShow: Buy one and get up to Rs 300 off on the second ticket once per month.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
The Axis Bank SELECT credit card offers a 1% surcharge waiver for fuel purchases from Rs 400 to Rs 4000.
Airport Lounge Access
The SELECT credit card comes with a priority pass that offers 6 complimentary lounge visits in a calendar year. The priority pass membership is renewed with the same benefit if the spending is more than Rs 3 Lakhs in the preceding year.
The SELECT credit card also offers 6 additional complimentary visits on spending more than Rs 3 Lakhs in the current calendar year. If you are still confused like I am, then do check out the official T&C for this. 🙂
Key Benefits and Charges
- Foreign Currency Markup: 3.5%+GST ~4.13%
- Golf Rounds: 6 complimentary rounds/year and 3 additional visits on spending Rs 3 lakhs in a year
- 24*7 Dedicated Concierge: Complimentary services for flight bookings, table reservations, etc.
- Dining Delights: 20% off at partner restaurants to Rs 500 per month. Minimum purchase of Rs 2000.
Return on Spends Calculator
Do have a look at the ‘Return on Spends’ calculator for the Axis Bank Select Credit card below. The green cells are editable. You can enter the approximate monthly spending and see how much you will save on this card.
Axis Bank markets the SELECT credit card for the lifecycle segment. Even though the rewards rate is low compared to other cards, it runs good offers on some merchants. Also, it has built an ecosystem for EDGE rewards like what Smartbuy is for HDFC. We can buy instant vouchers to earn 5X/10X EDGE points and also redeem points for travel now. That boosts the reward earning rate and can give significant savings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Axis Bank SELECT Credit Card