BoB Premier is the second top-most offering after Eterna from BoB Financial. While it is not as rewarding as Eterna the Premier has its sweet spots. We get accelerated rewards on dining and international transactions on the Premier card. Plus, this also comes as a Rupay variant. Here is a complete review of the BoB Premier credit card with its features and benefits.
Joining/Annual Fees & Waiver
|Joining Fee||Rs 1000+GST|
|Joining Fee Waiver||Spend Rs 10000 within 60 days for fee reversal|
|Annual Fee||Rs 1000+GST|
|Annual Fee Waiver||Spend Rs 1.2 Lakhs in a year|
- Travel, Dining, and International Transactions: 10 RP/Rs 100 ~2.5% return
- Special MCCs: 1 RP/Rs 100 ~0.25% return
- All other spend: 2 RP/Rs 100 ~0.5% return
The accelerated reward points for travel, dining, and international transactions are capped at 2000 per month. So, we will hit these with Rs 20000 worth of spending in a calendar month. Low but decent for smaller spends.
The special MCCs where we get lesser reward points include some high-spending categories like Rent, Insurance, Utilities, and Government Transactions. The below screenshot has the complete list.
Complimentary Airport Lounge Access
The Rupay variant of BoB Premier has an edge here. Only the BoB Premier Rupay variant gets complimentary visits to international airport lounges. All thanks to it being on the JCB Rupay platform. So, get the BoB Premier JCB Rupay variant instead of Visa.
|Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge Visits||1 per quarter|
|Complimentary International Airport Lounge Visits||4 per year|
Other Relevant Points
- Foreign Currency Transactions Markup: 3.5% plus GST
- Charges on Rent Payment: 1% of the amount plus GST
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% on transactions between Rs 400 and Rs 5,000 (Max. Rs. 250 per statement cycle)
Should you get the BoB Premier credit card?
BoB Premier is a good card for the 2.5% value back on travel, dining, and international transactions. But, the 0.5% value on other categories is a bit too less. We have many good entry-level credit cards in the market now. So, why get the BoB Premier card?
- It will let you help you in availing the BoB merchant offers online to get 10% instant discount
- BoB Premier Rupay variant will get you international airport lounge access
- BoB will soon be available as a supported issuer for Rupay on UPI with BHIM. So, you can get the Rupay variant to take advantage of that and use it for UPI payments.
Bank of Baroda Premier Credit Card