Changing the billing cycle has been possible for some credit cards but the process used to be a long one. But, a recent RBI rule made it mandatory for all credit card issuers to provide such an option. We now have an online option to change the billing cycle and statement date for HDFC Bank credit cards.
Option Not Available Anymore
Change Statement Generation Date on HDFC Bank MyCards
- Open HDFC Bank MyCards on your mobile.
- Enter your mobile number and log in.
- On the home page, click on ‘View Card Summary’
- Then click on the ‘Change Statement Generation Date’ link
- Select the new bill generation date from the calendar dropdown. You can choose any date between the 2nd and 28th of the month.
- For example, if you select 2nd it means that your statement cut-off will be the 1st of every month.
- Confirm in the next window and your new statement generation date will be set.
What should you choose as the bill generation date?
I prefer to set the statement generation date to the 2nd of a month. This aligns the bill with the salary credit date. So, easy to plan and pay it off. The second advantage is this allows better tracking of monthly spending for milestone rewards and spend offers.
You can set whichever date gives you better flexibility in planning your finances. 🙂