Axis has launched a new credit card – the Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite credit card. This will be another option along with the existing Flipkart Axis credit card. Here is everything there is to know about the Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite credit card.
Fees and Charges
|Joining Fee||Rs 500+GST|
|Welcome Benefit||500 SuperCoins on card activation|
|Annual Fee||Rs 500+GST|
|Annual Fee Waiver||Spend Rs 2 Lakhs in a membership year|
The Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite credit card comes with some more welcome benefits.
- YouTube Premium: 2 months trial membership
- Myntra: 30% discount on first order
- Gaana Plus: 3 months trial membership
- Cleartrip Flights: 25% off up to Rs 10000 on domestic flight
- Lenskart.com: 1-year Lenskart Gold membership
- Flipkart Flights: 15% off up to Rs 1500 on domestic flights
- Cleartrip Flights: 10% off up to Rs 5000 on international flights
- Myntra: Rs 500 on Myntra select styles (3 times)
Though the name includes Elite, the Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite credit card is a lower variant than the existing Flipkart Axis card.
Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite credit card gives rewards in the form of Super coins. The earned SuperCoins are automatically credited to the Flipkart account.
We hit the max cap for SuperCoins on Flipkart with just Rs 3333 worth of transaction value. This makes it suitable only for low spending. For everything else, the Flipkart Axis Bank credit card is a superior product.
|Plus Customers||12 SuperCoins/Rs 100||400|
|Non-Plus Customers||6 SuperCoins/Rs 100||200|
|Outside Flipkart||2 SuperCoins/Rs 100||No Cap|
Excluded Transactions for Cashback
Below transactions will not get any rewards on the Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite credit card:
- Fuel Spends
- Gift Card purchases on Flipkart, Myntra
- EMI transactions or purchases converted to EMI
- Wallet loading transactions
- Jewelry Purchases
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
The Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite credit card provides a 1% surcharge waiver for fuel purchases. The transaction amount needs to be between Rs 400 and Rs 4000. The maximum surcharge waiver is Rs 400 per statement.
Pros and Cons
- Higher reward rate for smaller transactions on Flipkart
- 2% SuperCoins on all other transactions without any cap
- The caps on SuperCoins rewards make it suitable only for low spending on Flipkart
- The annual fee waiver is set too high considering the rewards
The Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite credit card has a higher reward rate than the Flipkart Axis if 1 SuperCoin = Rs 1. But the caps are set to make it suitable only for low-value spending on Flipkart. Again, SuperCoins can be devalued by Flipkart at any point of time.
5% or 1.5% unlimited cashback on the Flipkart Axis Bank credit card is any day better than SuperCoins. I am not sure what was the purpose behind introducing such a card when a better card is already available.
Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite Credit Card