Secured credit cards are a great way to build credit when you are starting off in your credit card journey. The latest to jump into this space is IDFC First Bank. Here is a review of the IDFC FIRST WOW! credit card and if it is worth applying for by making a fixed deposit.
|Joining and Annual Fee||NIL (Lifetime Free)|
|Welcome Benefit||5% cashback up to Rs 1000 on the first EMI transaction within 90 days|
|Issued On||Visa Infinite|
|Fixed Deposit Required||Rs 5000|
|Credit Limit||100% of FD amount|
|Forex Mark-Up Fee||0%|
The name is apt for this card. It will be the ‘first’ credit card for many. 🙂 The Visa Infinite brand has always been the choice for super-premium credit cards. Getting this Infinite brand on a secured credit card is quite surprising.
The least fixed deposit for the FIRST WOW! card is Rs 5000. The 100% FD as a credit limit also adds to the USP. Other secured credit cards issue around 80% to 90% of the FD amount as the credit limit.
- All Spends: 4 RP/Rs 100 ~1% Return
- No rewards on fuel, insurance, and EMI transactions
- 6% interest on fixed deposit
The 1% reward on transactions is decent for a secured credit card. Add in the 6% interest on the fixed deposit and you have an enjoyable credit-building journey. 🙂
The value of each reward point is 25 paise and can be redeemed as a statement credit or used to pay for transactions as well.
The FIRST WOW! credit card also has some good benefits that add more value.
- Complimentary Roadside Assistance: Get support for car breakdowns, towing, etc. on the card. There are other included services like emergency fuel which would need extra payment. But, it is still worth it for a secured credit card.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% waiver up to Rs 200/month.
- Personal Accident Cover of Rs 2 Lakhs and Lost Card Liability Cover of Rs 25000
Considering the target audience, the IDFC FIRST WOW! is good enough for a secured credit card.
The Visa Infinite platform does not mean it gets all the benefits like the BookMyShow offers or airport lounge access. This card is an example of that. The Infinite branding can be good for flaunting but that’s about it.
If you are looking for your first credit card, FIRST WOW! is a good choice. Get it, and use it for a few months till you get a good credit score. You will then have your first unsecured card. 🙂
IDFC First Bank FIRST WOW! Credit Card
1 thought on “IDFC FIRST WOW! Credit Card”