Since its launch in 2018, IndusInd Bank Legend credit card has come a long way. After a number of devaluations, it has now been issued as a lifetime free product. If you are looking for an IndusInd Bank LTF credit card, this is a good choice. A reward rate of 0.75% to 1.5% is offered on retail purchases with the IndusInd Legend credit card. Additionally, we receive a milestone benefit that increases our reward rate to over 2%. Few of its other benefits are complimentary airport lounge access and a BookMyShow BOGO offer. There is also an associated savings account benefit on the Legend that we discuss later in the review.
Considering it is LTF, there is no joining benefit. But, it would have been nice to have some nominal benefit much like what LTF IDFC First Bank credit cards offer.
|Reward Points/Rs 100
|Return@75p per RP
|Medical, Automobiles & Telecom
|Utility Bills, Insurance, Government Services, Education, Rent & Real Estate
The rewards on the IndusInd Bank Legend credit card are below par compared to others cards in the same segment. Among LTF credit cards IDFC First Bank Select, IDFC First Bank Wealth, AU Xcite Ace and AU Xcite Ultra offer better rewards.
- 4000 Reward Points on spending Rs 6 Lakh in a year
This is a 0.5% extra benefit on crossing Rs 6 Lakh spend. If we spend only on weekends, the reward rate will be 2% with this milestone benefit. While this is a decent reward rate, there is another issue. Major categories like bill payments, insurance etc. get a return of just 0.53%. If we excluding these categories, it is very difficult to spend Rs 6 Lakh on this card only on weekend spends.
Each reward point is equal to 50 paise for a statement credit for IndusInd Bank Legend credit card. We can also transfer reward points to Vistara and InterMiles at 1:1 ratio.
- E-Vouchers and products on IndusMoments
- Airmiles transfer to InterMiles/Vistara
- Cash Credit: Max 25000 RP per statement
Taking a statement credit for the accumulated reward points is a better option than the other ones. The value for cash credit used to be 1 RP = Rs 1 but has now been reduced to 50 paise.
Get Zero Balance IndusInd Select Savings Account with Legend Credit Card
A lesser discovered benefit of the Legend credit card is that we can get a zero balance savings account with it. IndusInd Bank has a Select savings account offering that comes with an AQB rule of Rs 50,000. But you can get a zero balance Select savings account if you have a Legend credit card.
If you already have a IndusInd savings account, then you can get it upgraded to Select using this benefit. You can also open a new zero balance IndusInd Select savings account if you don’t already have one. Here are some of the benefits of IndusInd Bank Select savings account:
- Complimentary Mastercard World debit card without any annual fee
- Buy One Get One free offer on BookMyShow movie tickets. The discount on the free ticket is capped at Rs 500. We can avail this offer 3 times every calendar month.
- 2 complimentary visits/quarter to airport lounges in India
- Up to 4 free family accounts with no minimum balance requirements
BookMyShow Offer on the IndusInd Bank Legend credit card
We get Buy One Get One free on BookMyShow movie tickets with the IndusInd Bank Legend credit card. The discount for the second movie ticket is capped at Rs 200. This offer is quota based and can be availed once every calendar month.
The interesting part about this offer is that the associated Select savings account we covered above gets a better BookMyShow offer!
Complimentary Airport Lounge Access
- Domestic Airport Lounge Access: 1 complimentary visit per quarter with Visa/Mastercard to airport lounges in India
- International Airport Lounge Access outside India: Not available. We get a Priority Pass membership but there is not complimentary lounge visit included in it. So, do not use the Priority Pass to avoid getting charged.
Key Benefits and Charges
- Foreign Currency Markup: 1.8%+GST ~2.1%
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions between Rs 400 to Rs 4000
- 24*7 Auto Assist – The service is available in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Pune, Chennai and Bangalore. There is no charge for the visit but any expenses including labour/repair charges need to be paid to the mechanic. So, the service is not entirely free.
IndusInd Bank’s credit card offerings are not among the best when it comes to rewards. We have many better options if we want cashback. So, is there a use for getting the IndusInd Legend credit card today? The answer may be yes depending on your requirements.
Legend is now offered Lifetime Free (LTF). For an LTF tag, we get BOGO on BookMyShow once per calendar month. Add in the domestic airport lounge access and the zero balance Select savings account benefit and it can still be a value offering today.
Frequently Asked Questions
IndusInd Bank Legend Credit Card