Shoprite is one of the basic entry-level credit cards from RBL Bank. It comes with decent rewards on grocery and fuel spending but loses out when it comes to other categories. Here is a detailed review of the RBL Bank Shoprite credit card with its rewards and benefits.
Fees and Charges
|Joining Fee||Rs 500+GST|
|Welcome Benefit||2000 Reward Points|
|Annual Fee||Rs 500+GST|
|Annual Fee Waiver||Spend Rs 1 Lakh in a membership year|
|Purchase Category||Reward Rate||Cap|
|Grocery||20 RP/Rs 100||1000 RP/month|
|Fuel||10 RP/Rs 100||1000 RP/month|
|All Other Spends||1 RP/Rs 100||None|
The reward rate on fuel and grocery spending is decent for the entry-level segment of cards. But, the 1RP/Rs 100 on other spending is a dampener. If you are getting this card, you should look to maximize the rewards that grocery and fuel purchases offer.
The value of each reward point used to be 25 paise a couple of years back. But, they have been devalued quite a bit now. The value now varies based on the redemption option. Here are some of the redemption options:
- Amazon and Flipkart Vouchers: 11p/point
- Myntra Vouchers: 14p/point
- Woodland Vouchers: 25p/point
- Titan Vouchers: 20p/point
- Mobile Recharge: 18p/point
There is a reward redemption fee of Rs 99 plus GST for the ShopRite credit card. So, try to accumulate rewards and then go for redemption.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% waiver for fuel transactions between Rs 500 and Rs 4000. Maximum of Rs 100 waiver per month.
- BookMyShow Offer: 10% discount up to Rs 100 on movie tickets up to 15 times in a year
RBL Bank ShopRite is one of the very basic entry-level credit cards. But, it does not look like a great option today with so many options in this segment.
If you plan to take the RBL Bank ShopRite credit card, here is how you can maximize it.
- We can spend Rs 5000 on groceries and Rs 10000 on fuel every month before hitting the max rewards cap.
- With the annual fee waiver set at Rs 1 Lakh, spend the entire amount only for fuel and groceries. The rewards on other purchases are too low, so better to avoid them.
RBL Bank ShopRite Credit Card