Two credit cards offered by the biggest e-commerce retailers – Flipkart Axis vs Amazon ICICI credit card? Co-branded credit cards for shopping and fuel are not a good fit in most cases. These credit cards do not offer great rewards but divert spending from our primary card. But, there are some exceptions. Amazon India was the first to introduce the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card. Flipkart has taken a page out of Amazon India’s playbook to launch the Flipkart Axis Bank credit card. So, how do the rewards, features, and benefits compare for these cards? Here is a detailed comparison of the Flipkart Axis vs Amazon ICICI credit card.
Fees & Charges
Amazon Pay ICICI card takes the lead here. It is LIFETIME FREE (LTF) without any joining/annual fees. This makes it easier for eligible cardholders to apply for this card.
Flipkart Axis card charges a joining/annual fee of Rs 500. The joining fee is offset with a Flipkart GV of Rs 500 and a few other benefits. From the second year onwards, the fees are waived on annual spending of Rs 2L.
|Fee and Waiver||Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card||Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card|
|Joining Fee||Rs 500+GST||Lifetime Free (LTF)|
|Annual Fee||Rs 500+GST||Lifetime Free (LTF)|
|Annual Fee Waiver||Rs 2 Lakhs annual spend||Not Applicable|
Both cards provide good welcome benefits for the card.
|Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card||Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card|
|– Rs 500 Flipkart Gift Voucher|
– 15% cashback up to Rs. 500 on the first Myntra transaction
|– Rs 750 for Prime members|
– Rs 600 for non-Prime members
Flipkart Axis vs Amazon ICICI Credit Card: Features and Benefits
Both cards take a different approach for this. Amazon Pay ICICI credit card adds the rewards in the form of a gift voucher. Axis Flipkart card takes a direct cashback/statement credit approach. We prefer Flipkart’s approach here. We keep getting Amazon GC’s as rewards for other cards, so would prefer getting my rewards as cashback. Both cards offer unlimited rewards/cashback which is a good thing.
|Category||Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card||Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card|
|Shopping||5% for Flipkart||5% on Amazon for Prime|
3% on Amazon for non-Prime
|Utilities||NIL||2% with Amazon Pay|
|Spends at Swiggy, Uber, PVR, Curefit||4%||2% with Amazon Pay|
|All Other Spends||1.5%||1%|
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
Both cards provide a 1% surcharge waiver for fuel purchases.
Airport Lounge Access
Flipkart Axis Bank credit card is the only one to offer airport lounge access benefits. It offers 4 complimentary domestic lounge visits in India per calendar year. Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card does not offer any lounge access benefits.
So, which is the winner between Flipkart Axis vs Amazon ICICI Credit Card? The Flipkart Axis Bank credit card is a notch above Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card in below aspects.
- Cashback vs Rewards – The Flipkart Axis Bank card gives cashback. This is always preferable as that is adjusted against the statement outstanding. For Amazon Pay card, it gets added to the Amazon Pay balance which needs to be used for the next purchases.
- At Least 1.5% Cashback – Flipkart Axis card gives at least 1.5% cashback compared to 1% on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card.
- Lounge Access – Flipkart Axis card is the only one to offer complimentary lounge access.
But the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card has its own strong points:
- Lifetime Free: Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card is LTF for everyone. So, no worries on spending to get annual fee waiver.
- All rounder rewards – Flipkart Axis card does not have cashback for many categories like rent, utilities and government spends. Amazon Pay ICICI card continues to offer rewards for these spends.
When shopping from either Flipkart or Amazon, price and trusted seller are important. Most of us tend to do a price comparison before making a decision on whether to buy from Flipkart or Amazon.
So, it makes sense to own both Flipkart Axis and Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards. Amazon Pay ICICI credit card is LTF. The only fee we will end up paying is for the Flipkart Axis card if the annual spend of 2 Lakhs is not met. The Flipkart Axis credit card also offers 1.5% cashback for all offline transactions. This makes the card suitable for all kinds of spending.