Changing the billing cycle has been possible for some credit cards but the process used to be a long one. But, a recent RBI rule made it mandatory for all credit card issuers to provide such an option. We now have an online option to change the billing cycle and statement date for an SBI credit card.
Change Statement Generation Date on SBI Card Mobile App
- Open SBI Card Mobile app
- Login using your saved credentials
- Click on the ‘+ MORE’ icon on the bottom right corner of the window
- This will show the ‘MAILBOX’ option. Click on that.
- Click on the pencil icon on the bottom right corner of the window
- Choose the category ‘Statement Related Issues’ in the ‘Compose email’ window
- Select the sub-category ‘Billing Cycle Change’
- You will see two buttons at the bottom of the screen. Click on ‘CONTINUE WITH EMAIL’
- Enter the query and give the billing cycle/statement generation date you want. For example, you can enter “Please change the statement generation date for my SBI Card to the 1st of every month”. Click on ‘CONTINUE’ to review and submit.
- SBI Card customer care will review and confirm the change in 2-3 working days.
- That’s it. A simple process to change the billing cycle of your SBI Credit Card.
What should you choose as the bill generation date?
I prefer to set the statement generation date to the 2nd of a month. This aligns the bill with the salary credit date. So, easy to plan and pay it off. The second advantage is this allows better tracking of monthly spending for milestone rewards and spend offers.
You can set whichever date gives you better flexibility in planning your finances. 🙂
1 thought on “[How To] Change the Billing Cycle of SBI Credit Card”
Kindly change my bill generation date to 18th of every month and the bill due date to the 4th of every month, because my salary only gets credited on 1 or 2 of every month and my credit score is getting affected because of me paying 1 or 2 days late. So kindly change my bill generation date to 18th of every month and my the bill due date to the 4th of every month.