The new Shoppers Stop HDFC Bank credit cards can be quite useful if you frequently shop at Shoppers Stop outlets. The upper variant Shoppers Stop Black HDFC Bank credit card offers complimentary First Citizen Black membership and up to 20 First Citizen points for every Rs 150 spent. Also included in the benefits of the Shoppers Stop Black HDFC Bank credit card are a fuel surcharge waiver and complimentary airport lounge access. Check out this detailed review of the Shoppers Stop Black HDFC Bank credit card.
Fees and Charges
|Joining Fee||Rs 4500+GST ~Rs 5310|
|Welcome Benefit||Rs 1500 voucher redeemable on minimum shopping of Rs 5000 at Shoppers Stop stores on private label brands|
|Annual Fee||Rs 4500+GST ~Rs 5310|
|Membership Benefit||First Citizen Black membership for as long as card is active|
The card offers complimentary First Citizen Black membership but we are paying for it through the annual fee. The standalone price for FC Black membership at Shoppers Stop outlets is also Rs 4500 inclusive of taxes. So, the net benefit is zero with GST over and above this.
First Citizen Black membership benefits
The First Citizen Black membership is a loyalty benefit for Shoppers Stop. Unlike other loyalty benefits, this is available only for a fee. But, it does have its own benefits.
- 10% First Citizen reward points on purchases
- No queue billing and personal shopper
- Access to lounge where available
- Complimentary beauty service during birthday and anniversary month
- Annual Black Day – Exclusive sale for members
- Doorstep delivery for purchases and alterations
- Reward points reimbursement equivalent to parking fees
|Shoppers Stop Private Label Brands||20 FC per Rs 150 ~8%||2000 FC per month|
|Other Shoppers Stop Brands||15 FC per Rs 150 ~6%||2000 FC per month|
|Grocery Spends||5 FC per Rs 150 ~2%||1000 FC per month|
|Other Spends||5 FC per Rs 150 ~2%||None|
|Rent, Government, Gold, Jewellery, |
Fuel and Wallet
FC is for First Citizen reward points. This is the reward currency for Shoppers Stop outlets.
The private label brands are exclusive brands owned by Shoppers Stop. Some of them are Haute Curry, Arcelia, Stop, Fratini, Life, Kashish, Back to Earth, Devon North, Fern, Ivy, Harissa, Karrot.
The accrued reward points reflect in your connected Shoppers Stop membership account with the same mobile number as HDFC Bank credit card. These can be redeemed at 1 FC point = 60 paise on Shoppers Stop platform or outlets.
Complimentary Airport Lounge Access
- Domestic Airport Lounge Access: 4 visits per calendar quarter to eligible lounges
- International Airport Lounge Access: 2 visits per calendar quarter
Other Key Benefits & Charges
- Foreign Currency Markup: 3.5%+GST ~4.13%
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% waiver up to Rs 250 per billing cycle
- Interest Rate: 3.6% per month or 43.2% per annum
- Rewards Redemption Fee: None
The Shoppers Stop Black HDFC Bank credit card is useful only if you like to accumulate First Citizen points. With this card and Black membership, you can get a reward rate of up to 18% on Shoppers Stop purchases. This is pretty much same as what we would get on gift vouchers from SmartBuy using Infinia.
The answer to whether you should get this card depends on how much you shop in a year from Shoppers Stop. 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions
Shoppers Stop Black HDFC Bank Credit Card